Posting this announcement here just in case you missed it on my blog, Facebook, and Twitter:
Snarled Threads (Thalia’s Musings, Volume Two) will be available as a DRM-free ebook for Kindle and NOOK on Wednesday, 12/12/12.
In the meantime, if you haven’t gotten A Snag in the Tapestry for Kindle or NOOK yet, check out the new “Shop” page, and keep an eye on it for further updates as more Thalia’s Musings works become available for purchase.
[Cross-posted from amethystmarie.com just this once]
In what is UNDOUBTEDLY the biggest news story to hit the internet today, I can now give you an official release date for the very first Thalia’s Musings ebook. A Snag in the Tapestry will be coming to Amazon.com and BarnesAndNoble.com on…wait for it…
NOVEMBER 23, 2012
also known as
For my non-American readers, Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, is when American retailers start the Christmas shopping season in full force. It is a day of overhyped sales, shopping riots, and pure unabashed commercialism. It is something no sane, rational human being would ever voluntarily participate in. And I finally get to be a part of it. >:-D
Mark your calendars!
Now that Snarled Threads is concluded, here’s what’s next for Thalia’s Musings.
- A new look! Like the new cover art? Yes, Thalia’s Musings has a logo now. 😀 The cover for A Snag in the Tapestry will be based on the same design.
- Cover for A Snag in the Tapestry, you say? Yes! I can’t promise a release date today (watch my blog for that), but A Snag in the Tapestry will be released as an ebook on Amazon.com and BarnesAndNoble.com during the 2012 holiday season.
- Wait, what blog? Yeah, I have a blog. I know, I’ve done absolutely nothing with it since I staked my claim on the address “AmethystMarie.com” this summer. That’s going to change now. You know how you have to click through all the “Amethyst’s Musings” posts between Volume 1, the bonus chapters, and Volume 2? Annoying, right? Well, no more. This is the last such post I will make on this website. From here out, only Thalia’s Musings story content goes here. If you want to read updates about book releases, Volume 3 progress, and any of my other projects, please subscribe to my blog. And, of course, there’s Facebook and Twitter.
- Volume 3??? There will most definitely be a Volume 3, and a Volume 4. I have the rest of the series roughly outlined, and it looks like it’ll take two more novels to finish it. Possibly more; certainly not less. Volume 3 will likely be released fall 2013. There may or may not be more stand-alone bonus chapters between volumes.
I couldn’t be more thrilled with the response to this volume. I love the thoughtful, engaging, and enthusiastic feedback I’ve been getting from you guys. And since this volume got into some sensitive subject matter, I really appreciate the fact that the comments have remained sensitive and respectful. I’m sure you’ve all noticed that the first time you post a comment, it’s submitted for moderation. So far I haven’t had to edit or delete a single word. My readers are awesome!
Until Volume 3,
Hi, people who still check this blog! I’m still alive and still working on this series. Here’s what you can expect over the summer:
- Snarled Threads, the second volume of Thalia’s Musings, is coming to this site by the end of July. Hopefully closer to the middle of July.
- I now have an author blog. It has the very original title of Amethyst Marie. My “Amethyst’s Musings” posts will go there from now on. I might also blog there about random things unrelated to Thalia’s Musings. We’ll see.
- A Snag in the Tapestry, the three prequel stories, and Snarled Threads are coming to Kindle and Nook. I’d like to say A Snag in the Tapestry will be available by the end of August. I’d also like to say I’m not a total n00b at ebook formatting. I can definitely say these ebooks will be available by the end of 2012.
- Watch the Characters page for updates between now and the premier of Snarled Threads. I’ve already added an entry for Adonis. Have you seen it?
- Watch the Table of Contents for new chapter titles.
That’s all for now. Watch for more updates in the coming weeks and for the first chapters of Volume 2!
Alas, this obviously is not the Hades chapter. That’s on my flash drive with my beta reader’s notes, awaiting a final edit. In the meantime I thought I’d catch you up on what’s going on with the site and the series.
Due to health issues, I haven’t been able to do nearly as much writing this fall as I thought I would. So the release of Volume 2 is being pushed back to spring 2012. I will post the Hades chapter, but that’ll be the last of the bonus content. After it’s posted, this site will go on complete hiatus while I finish drafting Volume 2. I’m about a third of the way into Volume 2 right now.
I’ve gotten some questions about fan art. I’d be happy to post it on the site if people wants to submit it. Email fan art or anything else to me at amethyst[dot]marie[dot]writes[at]gmail[dot]com.
And now for an announcement I’m very excited to make…
…The first volume of Thalia’s Musings, A Snag in the Tapestry, is coming to Kindle and Nook stores in summer 2012!
May whatever holidays you’re celebrating this season be happy. See you in the spring. 🙂